For the Region Alsace, slashing costs and increasing readership was a matter of weeks
With 570 sq. mi. and 1,815,488 inhabitants, Alsace is one of the smallest regions of France, yet also one of the most dynamic. The regional government believes strongly in preserving the cultural history, yet it has created a vibrant economic community by encouraging and supporting innovation.
Five times each year, the region publishes a magazine, called Région Alsace, which is distributed to 733,000 households and businesses. In 2012, after 12 years, the magazine was in need of a makeover. Readers appreciated the publication, but production and printing costs were rising and the publisher was ready to embrace new technologies.
With strong values around innovation, eco-technologies and tradition, Region Alsace needed to improve their product, while also controlling costs and increasing production efficiencies.
In partnership with local communication agency, Citeasen, GreenIvory’s ContentLC™ content delivery platform was implemented to overhaul the magazine layout and deliver a whole new online experience to readers. The
use of ArticCode™ in the process flow increased visibility and the product was deployed in less than a month. Region Alsace saw immediate results.
Using responsive design, GreenIvory produced a website which adapts to the need of modern devices such as smartphones, tablets and, of course, computers.
- 20% Reduction in Printing Costs.
- 164.7% increase in online readership compared to the previous issue (#60 vs. #59, in 79 days).
- Following issue (#61) reach same level of readership (as #60) in only 21 days.
- 0% increase in content production costs.
- 54.4% of traffic comes from mobile devices, 0% traffic from those devices in previous issues.
Communication agency, Citeasen, has edited the magazine since its inception. [...] ContentLC™ far exceeded our expectations. Coming from the printing industry, I understood pretty quickly when GreenIvory showed us how we could save a lot of money in printing and distribution. However, I have been amazed by the online results—and without an increase in our production costs! GreenIvory has proven to be a one-stop shopping place for publishers looking to capitalize on the benefits of a powerful online presence.
Daniel Reyt, CEO, Citeasen.
Find out more
- Explore the magazine of the Region Alsace at http://jral.eu.
- Learn more about Citeasen at http://www.citeasen.fr.
- Peruse more GreenIvory success stories at http://contentlc.com/success-stories.
|Download the Success Story of Region Alsace|
Contact us to know more!